Welcome to Compass Marine Yacht Surveys
Hello, I am Andrew Edmond and I provide a full range of marine surveys on sailing and motor yachts along the South Coast of the UK and in Europe.
I will go the extra mile to provide excellent quality and value for money, whether you are buying, selling, refitting, building or just maintaining your yacht and whether it is wooden, steel, aluminium or GRP/FRP, 7 meters or 35 meters long.
I regularly survey yachts across Europe and have recently worked in Croatia, Lanzarote, Italy, Greece and Trukey.
Here are two recent, testimonials from clients.
"Thank you for helping us to realise our dream" R.S February 2018
"I hired Andrew in November 2016 to do a pre-purchase survey on a Victoria 34. His survey was extremely thorough, ..... His honest and meticulous approach impressed me and led me to suggest that he oversee the re-fit. Whether for a thorough survey, the management of a re-fit or restoration project or simply a reliable and keenly priced yacht management service I can but heartily recommend him." A.B.-S. April 2018
· Pre-purchase, full condition, surveys
· Supervision of new builds, refits and other repairs. Recent and current projects include managing an extensive refit of a Victoria 34 in the Solent major refit of a 1932 Cardnell mahogany on oak yawl, a refit of a Sigma 41 in Lanzarote and a refit and osmisis treatment of a Consessa (Dawn) 39. I recently supervised the almost complete re-build in Athens of a 35m / 112ft mahogany motor yacht, originally built in 1942. In each of these recent cases, I did a pre-puchase survey first.
· Insurance surveys, Damage surveys, Tonnage surveys
· Partial surveys, including hull plating thickness (steel), moisture (FRP/GRP) and
All my surveys include
· Thorough vessel inspection conducted to the highest industry standards
· Succinct, accurate and relevant reports with specification for any specialist repairs
· Help with survey arrangements
· Advice and guidance throughout the process
Andrew Edmond is based close to Itchenor, Chichester and operates in the Solent and along the UK South Coast. Most of my work is in Chichester, Birdham, Dell Quay, Emsworth, Nothney, Northney, Langstone, Hayling Island, Portsmouth, Gosport, Southsea, Portsmouth, Port Solent, Swanwick, Hamble, Southampton, Littlehampton, Shoreham and Brighton.
I also regularly work in the Mediterranean, eg Croatia, Greece, Italy, Spain and Trukey.
Contact us for more information and a quotation
+44 (0)7714 340 487
61 Marineside, Bracklesham,
Chichester, PO20 8JJ
or please use our contact form.
YDSA Affiliate Member
IIMS Affiliate Member