Welcome to Compass Marine Yacht Surveys
Hello, I am Andrew Edmond and I provide a full range of marine surveys and management of yacht refits on sailing and motor yachts along the South Coast of the UK and in Europe including the Canary Islands.
I will go the extra mile to provide excellent quality and value for money, whether you are buying, selling, refitting, building or just maintaining your yacht and whether it is wooden, steel, aluminium or GRP/FRP; 7 meters or 35 meters long.
As well as Chichester, Portsmouth, Gosport, Southhampton and Isle of Wight, I also work in Plymouth and Falmouth, I regularly survey yachts across Europe and have recently worked in Gran Canaria, Croatia, Lanzarote, Italy, Greece and Turkey.
Here are some testimonials from clients - please check other review of my work on Google.
"I'm really happy with Andrew Edmonds's pre-purchase survey of Sun Odyssey 40 sailboat. March 2023
"Andrew is an extremely competent very pleasant person. I very much enjoyed working with him and will continue to do so. His oversight of a contract was invaluable. D.H. April 2022.
"Andrew really takes time to do his work well. His survey report is meticulous" KR. 2020.
"Thank you for helping us to realise our dream" R.S February 2018
"I hired Andrew in November 2016 to do a pre-purchase survey on a Victoria 34. His survey was extremely thorough, ..... His honest and meticulous approach impressed me and led me to suggest that he oversee the re-fit. Whether for a thorough survey, the management of a re-fit or restoration project or simply a reliable and keenly priced yacht management service I can but heartily recommend him." A.B.-S. April 2018
"We decided to buy our first motor cruiser but had a lot to learn. Luckily we found Andrew who has been wonderful. He did a prepurchase survey and project managed all the renovation work required. We have ended up with a wonderful boat and a good friend. If you want someone you can completely trust who has an vast experience of all things boating Andrew is your man." B.M. 2018
· Pre-purchase, full condition, surveys covering every aspect of the vessel, with a comprehensive and detailed report.
· Supervision of refits, repairs and new builds. Current and projects within the last year include keel removal, aluminium water tank repairs rudder repairs and other repairs and equipment upgrades to an Allures 44 aluminium yacht on the Isle of Wight, managing an extensive refit of a Moody 47 Mk ii in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, project managing the refits of a Francis 26 and a Najad 390, and managing a rudder rebuild (new rudder stock) and new lead keel construction on a Maxi 38 plus annual maintenance of a Victoria 34 I refitted in 2017, in Chichester Harbour. Previous projects include that Victoria 34 refit in Southsea Marina, a major refit of a 1932 Cardnell mahogany on oak yawl, a refit of a Sigma 41 in Lanzarote, Canary Islands and a refit and osmosis treatment of a Consessa (Dawn) 39 at Northney Marina. In 2015/16 I also supervised the almost complete re-build in Athens of a 35m / 112ft mahogany motor yacht, originally built in 1942.
In each of these recent cases, I did a pre-puchase survey first.
Other surveys include:
· Insurance surveys, Damage surveys, Tonnage surveys
· Partial surveys, including hull plating thickness (steel), moisture (FRP/GRP) and
I have also provided consulatancy services to solve galvanic corrosion issues on large wooden hulled yachts, unexplained listing of yachts to one side and significant undetected water ingress.
All my works includes
· Thorough vessel inspection conducted to the highest industry standards
· Succinct, accurate and relevant reports plus, if requested, specification for any repairs
· Help with survey arrangements - if requested
· Advice and guidance throughout the process
Sea trials provide useful additional information, especially about the engine, navigation equipment, sails and rigging and if the boat has been stored ashore, inspecting her while afloat will also provide useful information
FOR SAMPLE REPORTS PLEASE CONTACT ME
Andrew Edmond is based close to Itchenor, Chichester and operates in the Solent and along the UK South Coast and in the Canary Islands. Most of my work is in Chichester, Birdham, Dell Quay, Emsworth, Nothney, Northney, Langstone, Hayling Island, Portsmouth, Gosport, Southsea, Portsmouth, Port Solent, Swanwick, Hamble, Southampton and the Isle of Wight.
I also regularly work in the Mediterranean, eg France, Croatia, Greece, Italy, and Turkey and in the Canary Islands.
Contact me for more information and a quotation
+44 (0)7714 340 487
61 Marineside, Bracklesham,Chichester, PO20 8JJ
or please use my contact form below.